Before you know more about this food blogger from Kolkata, India read this …
I am an entrepreneur by profession. After heading the Education BU of one of the largest OEMs globally, in 2012, I felt like starting something on my own and thus formed Pickle Solutions Pvt Ltd(http://picklesolutions.in/), which in turn became one of the leading IT roll-out firms, mostly working in the North-East part of India. But, inside, I felt like doing something other than this and as I loved taking pictures and traveling a lot, formed The Streets Of Calcutta (http://streetsofcalcutta.com/), probably the first city-specific photo-archive. I am an avid photography enthusiast and my work has been published in the leading newspapers many a time and was even displayed in the first-ever Instagram exhibition in India, held in Kolkata on 7-9th January’16.
Photography for me started as a passion for me and that’s how I got associated with Streets Of Calcutta.
- As part of Streets Of Calcutta, I was in the curation team for the first offline photography exhibition for Instagram India at ICCR in 2015
- Streets Of Calcutta has hosted its annual exhibition in association with ITC Sonar at Welcome Art Gallery for two consecutive years, 2016 and 2017
But, somewhere in between, I started a blog post named http://moha-mushkil.com/, literally meaning “A lot of trouble” in Bengali language, which mostly featured my gastronomic and travel experiences. I try to be honest, in fact brutal to some extent, with my experience and reviews. The blog has been featured in numerous places over multiple occasions and I’ve written food articles multiple times in them. Few of them are as follows:
- Polka Cafe
- Outlook India
- Outlook Traveller
- Deccan chronicle
- The week
- Beacon Kolkata
- WOT Web
- Daily Star (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Daily Observer (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- I’ve written my first published book named Food Kahini in 2019 which is available across all major booksellers on a Pan India basis and all major online bookselling platforms
- I’ve done a Josh Talk episode on How to take your passion seriously
- I was a panelist for the Apeejay Kolkata Lit Fest 2019, arranged by Apeejay Group in 2019
- I’ve been a panelist for the Apeeja Bangla Sahitya Utsav (Bengali lit fest by Apeejay Group) on 23rd November 2019.
- I’ve been on the jury panel for The Week magazine’s May 2018 edition for Good restaurants in Kolkata listing
- I’ve assisted Chef Sanjeev Kapoor for his biryani trail for eastern India in August 2018.. this was shot for his channel Food Food (https://youtu.be/Vv1x_AT5emY )
- I’ve won the award for Most Obsessive blogger at the TFBA2018 & best storytelling blog in 2019.
- I was asked by the French Consulate Kolkata to take out his excellency Mr. Emmanuel Lenain, Ambassador French Embassy in India on a vegan food walk in Kolkata in December 2019.
- I was one of the core team members behind the Calcutta Culinary Heritage Awards 2019 which was organized by INTACH.
- I was asked to take a team to experience the 300 years of Kolkata Culinary tour by Novotel Kolkata Hotel and Residences as a part of #Novotel20.
- I am the co-founder of one of the most successful Bengali web series on food named Foodka (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCByoEPQbSxyB7PGFDmqtHwQ )which has more than 180K+ subscribers and a combined viewership of more than 10 million.
TV and FM channel presence:
- I’ve been present on the AakashAath TV channel on multiple occasions in the programs FMon TV and Randhuni
- I’ve been present on News18 Bangal on a talk show on Hilsa
- I’ve been on FM channels namely AkashVaani, 3 Mirchi and 94.3 Radio One with RJ Mir and RJ Roy respectively on multiple occasions
- I’ve been on air with JaagoFM at Dhaka Bangladesh with RJ Apurvo, during my Dhaka trip
Judging experience in food competitions:
- I’ve been the judge for Avishkar 2019 for CESC
- I’ve been a judge for the cookery competition for Diamond Group at their Diamond Plazaoutlet for over 70+ contestants in 2018
- I’ve been in the judging panel for the corporate cook-off organized by The Holiday InnHotel, Kolkata in 2017
- I’ve been a judge for Woman times at Highland Park for their cookery contest on September 2018
- I’ve been a judge for ilshe-Guri Cookery contest at Conclave women’s club on October 2018
- I along with Team Foodka was invited to the Insitute of Engineering and Management(IEM), Salt Lake, Kolkata to judge a Food Mart competition in September 2019.
- I was a speaker at the seminar by the Honorary US Consulate Historical Society named “Burger Vs Samosa” in July 2018.
- I was a speaker at the talk show held by Hotel Peerless Inn in Hyderabad named “The Great Biryani Journey” which was graced by several famous food bloggers in August 2019.
- I was a speaker at the talk session at LalMatiUtsav- ARajarshiChatterjee Initiative, at Navi Mumbai in January 2020.
- I was a panelist at the Apeeejay Bangla SahityaUtsob organized by Apeejay Group held at Kolkata in November 2019.
- I was a speaker at iLead Kolkata on “Influencer Marketing” in October 2019.
- I was invited as a special guest at the award ceremony for WT Pujo’rShera Restaurant Awards at Ethnotel Kolkata in September 2019.
- I along with Team Foodka attended the Facebook Creator’s Day event at Mumbai in September 2019.
- I was invited to be a part of the celebration named “French National Day 2019” which was organized by The French Consulate Kolkata.
- I was a panelist at the pre-ABSU fest 2019 held at Oxford bookstore Kolkata, on “Food in Bengali literature.”
So far, this has been my journey and I strongly believe that I have to improve a lot and a long path has to be covered int his journey. Blogging for me is mostly a learning session and a medium of engagement with my readers globally.
I can be reached at:-